Everyone is loving the Clippers

by The Cavalier on May 17, 2006 · 18 comments

chris kaman 01.pngWe had to laugh when Raja Bell hit the three to send Suns-Clippers into OT #1 of what became a two-overtime win for PHX last night.

Doug Collins said something like “Wow, they were right up in Raja Bell’s face, too.”

Anyway, these playoffs just continue to be awesome, and we fully expect this series to hit 7 games. Both teams are playing well, both are confident, and the fans deserve it. Especially the loyal fans of the Los Angeles Lakers, who have all migrated over to Clipperland. TJ Simers…investigates!

…I asked Nicholson if he was finished with the Lakers, maybe upset that Kobe had tanked it down the stretch, and so now he was hopping on the Clippers’ bandwagon? “Look,” he said, while tugging at his white shirt inside of a blue jacket. “Switzerland.”

Nicholson said he remains a Lakers fan, and when I asked if there’s just a little part of him rooting for the Clippers, he said, “I’m an NBA fan.”

We have no doubt about that, but why not go watch Miami/Jersey, then? Or stay home and watch NBA Jams IV? The diehards have to be a little upset about this, although as Los Angeles residents, surely they understand the concept of the “bandwagon jump”.

Regardless, does anyone outside AZ want Steve Nash’s tired legs to win this series? Not only are the Clips a better story, but they also have a much better chance against the Spurs Mavericks.

Special props go out to us for the “orange roundie”, which we sat back and laughed out loud at. It was one of those things you read and say, “Man…I wish I had thought of that.”

Then when you realize you did? No better feeling, man. Nothing better than that. It’s the best. There are things that happen, but none exceed the feeling of said event.

1 tiffany May 17, 2006 at 10:17 am

I just wanted to let you know, I know check you before I check the local sports newspapers, everyday, in my online-browsing, morning work routine.

And I love Raja’s Face too!

2 Exodus May 17, 2006 at 10:21 am

Well I think that Dallas want’s the Suns to win so that they can deliver some payback for last year. All I can say is, we are going to see the World Chmapions fall!(I spelled it that way on purpose and it’s pronounced sh-map-e-ons) I think that the game tonight will go into OT at least once.

I know Detroit is going to win but wouldn’t it be great if they lost to so as the next champion would not of won a title in quite a while if not at all? Anyone have any idea if Sheeds runnin his mouth again already?

And on a side note, how’s the Mamba campaign doing now or are we pretty much screwd?

3 The Cavalier May 17, 2006 at 10:53 am

Tiffany – thanks!

Ex Mamba ain’t screwed – I don’t have nearly enough, but I’m working a few other angles. I’m also going to finally get a thermometer thing up to keep everyone updated – hopefully that spurs more participation.

Baseball Musings got $4K in a month with less traffic than me – maybe I should see how he did it. lol

4 Exodus May 17, 2006 at 11:02 am

Sounds like a good idea to me.

Around about how much traffic does this play get?

As far as tonight goes, hopefully Barkley doesn’t hold anything back and they grill the heck out of Kobe.

5 The Cavalier May 17, 2006 at 11:34 am

My stats say an average of 11,461 individuals per day this month. How many of those are loyal readers and how many are people that stop in and say “what the hell is this” I dunno.

6 Gregg May 17, 2006 at 11:38 am

I gave money to Baseball Musings but more to Mamba. So there!

Hopefully the thermometer will get people’s asses in gear. Even better, maybe, would be a ‘yourmometer’.

7 LUCAS May 17, 2006 at 11:43 am

GO SUNS!

8 JONESONTHENBA May 17, 2006 at 11:46 am

Orange Roundie…hahaha

9 Becky May 17, 2006 at 11:49 am

ok, a) I giggled my MFing head off at the Kamanizing. b) who lol’s at the end of their own comment? and by that I mean actually typing “lol.” ew. and c) yourmometer. hee!

10 The Cavalier May 17, 2006 at 12:09 pm

Becky I’m trying to start a trend and also find myself so funny I need to express it in as many ways as possible.

11 Exodus May 17, 2006 at 12:17 pm

DAMN! 11,000+ a day! That’s pretty freakin good. There’s a lot of greedy\lazy people out there I guess… Sux but hopefully this trend can be stopped.

To bad you don’t have some sort of preview or something that you can show to stir up some excitement.

12 The Cavalier May 17, 2006 at 12:28 pm

I’ll cut a trailer at a certain level. The problem right now is time.

There’s an essential element that abslutely has to be shot in June or it can’t be included.

13 Nick May 17, 2006 at 2:13 pm

I was at the game last night. Some morons started leaving when the Suns were down by 3 with 3 seconds left in the 4th. I couldn’t believe it. At least 5 people came back to our section after hearing the crowd explode after Raja’s shot. There were still a lot of empty seats in the expensive sections, though…

It was the first time I’ve been to a Suns game that ended up a victory. It was an unbelievable feeling. My ears were ringing and my hands and elbows were sore after it.

I want to go to Game 7 if it happens, but I’m afraid it will feel anticlimactic after that game.

14 Nick May 17, 2006 at 2:16 pm

Uhh.. meant to say Raja’s shot at the end of OT 1.

15 Blurrz May 17, 2006 at 3:13 pm

What the hell is this?

16 The Cavalier May 17, 2006 at 3:17 pm

Nick if it’s anything like Lakers-suns Game 7, yeah.

17 jonesonthenba May 18, 2006 at 10:45 pm

Just so you know I am at the clipper game right now showing everyone around me this funny ass roundie stuff.

18 The Cavalier May 18, 2006 at 11:59 pm

Tell them the orange roundie is a central plot point of Who Shot Mamba?.