Raja Bell loves his face

by The Cavalier on May 4, 2006 · 22 comments

raja bell.pngThere’s no shortage of intrigue in the aftermath of Raja Bell’s takedown of Kobe Bryant that’s resulted in his suspension for tonight’s Game 6 in Los Angeles.

You can start with Raja being apologetic during his post-game statement, then reversing to calling Kobe a “pompous, arrogant jerk” after he found out he’s not allowed to play. He also said he – well, he’s said a lot of stuff. That last link is a full compilation of his comments.

“Look man, that’s his job for that team. To be what they need him to be, and that’s cool with me. But like I said, when I get hit in the face multiple times, you’ve stepped across a line with me. It’s not basketball anymore. It was basketball for four games. When he hit me in the face, it was the last straw for me.”

“It’s a personal thing when someone continually hits you in the face. I’ve been trying to do a good job, I’ve been trying to be what my team needs me to be, and I continually get hit in my face.

“Honestly, (Bryant) hit me in the face, then he came down and tried to bully me…”[snip]

“I cant speculate on what they take away from it, it wasn’t meant to send any message. I was just done getting hit in my face, man.”

“If you’re going to keep hitting me in my face and then talking like you’re not doing it on purpose, there’s a reason both my cheeks are bruised right now and I can barely open my jaw. All right?”

“If somebody is going to repeatedly hit me in my face or do stuff like that…”[snip]

Dude, enough. We get it – it’s all about your face. Plus, we’re pretty sure Kobe’s job for the Lakers is “being the best player in the NBA”, but if Raja thinks he needs to be downgraded to “face-hitter”, so be it. If that wasn’t enough, he finishes up with this one:

Every time you stick your butt out and try to hit me in my genitals, you’re doing it on purpose.

Maybe he realized the “my face got hit” defense wasn’t working after the 3,000th time, but doesn’t he follow the NBA? The testicle card gets you nowhere, yo.

Better than anything Raja said over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over was Kobe’s response, though. He essentially laughed, said “who cares?”, and repeatedly called the 2-years elder Raja “kid”.

1 Misteradiant May 7, 2006 at 8:23 pm

From the 05-06 NBA rules handbook:

Rule 12A—Section V—l(5)
l. A player, coach or trainer must be ejected for:
(1) A punching foul
(2) A fighting foul
(3) An elbow foul which makes contact above shoulder level.

What part of “must be ejected for an elbow foul which makes contact above shoulder level” don’t you understand?

Maybe you are having oxygen deprivation because you have trouble breathing with your nose and tongue so far up Kobe’s ass.

Raja’s face is above shoulder level. He was making a point. How can Kobe do that over and over again (even to Barbosa in the 1st quarter of game six) and not get ejected.

Like to see you get hit in the face a dozen times in four games and not bitch to anyone who would listen.

Kobe IS arrogant and pompous and we see where that got him. When game 7 was over and he had been spanked for being so naughty, he could not even walk over to congratualte the Suns like the rest of his team and coaching staff. What a poor loser.

And equally poor winner.

2 los angeles May 7, 2006 at 10:20 pm

Raja Bell is an OVERRATED player, who doesnt know how to paley defense, and flops like a woman. He should be playing in the WNBA all pussy. He flopped the Suns to victory. He is a disgrace to the game of basketball!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 los angeles May 7, 2006 at 10:21 pm

Raja Bell is an OVERRATED player, who doesnt know how to play defense, and flops like a woman. He should be playing in the WNBA all pussy. He flopped the Suns to victory. He is a disgrace to the game of basketball!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 PHX May 8, 2006 at 12:38 am

ALL BASKETBALL PLAYERS “FLOP LIKE A WOMAN”… IT’S THE NATURE OF THE GAME.

5 Misteradiant May 11, 2006 at 4:24 pm

well LA, he sure flopped kobe on his ass. if he’s the pussy, then what does that make kobe? the asshole, that’s what. HA HA HA! you’re a poor loser, just like the fakers.

6 kobesucks May 11, 2006 at 7:35 pm

“Does he know me? Do I know this guy? I don’t know this guy,” Bryant said. “I might have said one word to this guy. I don’t know this kid. I think he overreacts to stuff. . . . I don’t know this kid. I don’t need to know this kid.

Guess what Kobe, you will get to know him. Raja is still in the playoffs and he is coming to your city..Kobe must regret not signing with the clippers. What a loser!!! I am glad Raja droped his punk ass.

7 The Cavalier May 11, 2006 at 7:40 pm

Dude he’s still Raja Bell.

8 Francelita Ben May 18, 2006 at 2:06 pm

Raja Bell Can PLay BAll . he his the best play in the worle…. i love him ….I wish i can Shoot Like him on the 3 point

9 william May 25, 2006 at 12:27 am

Raja is a great player , kobe bryant is a baby,he cant just shut the fuck up, and stop throwing elbows, what a pussy asshole

10 me May 25, 2006 at 12:11 pm

Kobe is a BITCH. Raja rocks Kobe is at home on his couch now and Raja is still paying

11 Adrian May 26, 2006 at 1:46 pm

Hey, just to make some things clear: on a 1 to 10 scale of basketball excellence, Raja is a 5, Kobe is a 9,5, so stop fucking around. Kobe is even a better defender than Raja, not to mention shooter, slasher, dunker, playmaker and so on. How many rings does Raja have?

12 james May 27, 2006 at 5:18 pm

common friends from the laker could you shut the fuck up
raja didn’t have any problems with the clippers
kobe’s a jirk, without his money he would be playin B-ball in jail
kobe’s a jirk and raja made the mistake to answer him
raja rules, suns rules, laker lose

13 alexis May 31, 2006 at 12:27 am

i got to give it up for raja kobe got some issues! you can tell he was doing it on purpose. if you can’t see that, ya blind! i know i show don’t want anyone touching me!!! here’s a word for kobe: “man basketball is a goal to reach not no game so don’t play it that way!” i might not be a true basketball player, but i know when somebody don’t like nobody!

14 goge June 3, 2006 at 11:40 am

Hey,for that certian individual that wrote that article on Raja about how he was hit in the face over and over again. You have got some issues. It’s like the saying goes don’t mess with the bull you’ll get the horns.Well Kobe crossed the line many times> Given chance after chance to chill still he didn’t listen he could not respect the circle that surrounds Raja(people)he deserves to get knocked on his ass maybe he’ll learn. Remember Kobe you’r only human. Come back down to earth,because your not that great and somesone better(Raja)bond to come along and knock you on your ass agian.

15 christin June 15, 2006 at 11:04 pm

kobe sucks raja rule raja just sent kobe back to school yrrrrrrrr thats to hard 4 yall to handle

16 the only smart guy round here August 21, 2006 at 11:40 pm

okay so….kobe hit me!boo fukin hoo!he didnt throw ur ass to the ground.u fukin pussy.. kobe is the greatest in the game and if u arent tough enof to deal with him..then join the wnba…thats all i gotta say

17 Sheed November 17, 2006 at 6:19 am

Raja bell is the man better than Kobe

18 Sheed November 17, 2006 at 6:22 am

Raja bell will make LA Lakers Pay for the next season as he rocks to the NBA Finals VS The Miami heat or Detroit Pistons

Kobe Who?

19 Sheed November 17, 2006 at 6:23 am

RAJA BELL, RAJA BELL, RAJA BELL, RAJA BELL 4 Three Point Title woooh!!!

20 Sheed November 17, 2006 at 6:24 am

RAJA BELL, RAJA BELL, RAJA BELL, RAJA BELL 4 Three Point Title woooh!!! (10X)

21 Michael November 22, 2006 at 3:12 am

Experience keeps a dear school, but fools learn in no other… Michael

22 Ciriacus November 29, 2006 at 8:31 am

Zeal without knowledge is a runaway horse… Ciriacus