Shaun Livingston has an ouchy

by The Cavalier on February 27, 2007 · 23 comments

(Availability update: It’s not good. We’ll be out but likely commenting today. For some reason, this happens whenever ESPN mentions the site. “Today” in this scenario* refers to “Wednesday”.)

You may or may not have watched the video of Clippers PG Shaun Livingston dislocating his knee, depending on how much you enjoy cringing while vomiting.

We’re not going to embed that here, as we don’t want you feeling throw-uppy on our website. Obviously, the lad is out for the season.

A few of you have emailed us regarding this event – here’s a sampling.

The Cavalier-

I was staring at this picture of Livingston’s knee (ouch.jpg) and something looked so familiar. Then I realized why. It looks like E.T. But alas, I have no photoshop skills and you have many. So please. Lest I remind you that with great power comes great responsibility. And if it’s all the same to you, could you add a link to my blog. Thanks man,

Shaun

btw: long time reader, first time emailer.

Okay, first things first – here’s the link to your blog, Shaun.

Now on to your pictorial request. Below, the two pictures you sent us.

Shaun Livingston

We’ve sat here for a bit and tried to decide what it is you’re looking for, and after said bit, we have no idea what you’re talking about. Does his knee look like ET? His face? Does ET look like a human knee? Regardless, you make a request, we’ve gotta comply. Here’s what we’ve got:

Shaun Livingston

Now to the injury questions. Do Shaun Livingston and Larry Hughes have the same personal trainer? Does their weight lifting program consist of 3 sets of nothing for each bodypart?

(*Anyone who can send us a good mp3 of “Scenario” from Tribe Called Quest (featuring Leaders of the New School) can be our best friend, and also freestyle for us a bit. iTunes doesn’t have it for some reason.

UPDATE: We’ve got it – seven times. You’re wonderful people, one and all – thanks!)

{ 1 trackback }

The Drunk Kansan Sports » Sorry: More On Livingston’s Knee Injury
March 1, 2007 at 2:47 pm

1 Nets fan February 27, 2007 at 11:23 pm

no offense Cavalier, but maybe we shouldnt make fun of him in his situation. He suffered a very scary to watch injury, maybe we should lay off the jokes on him. If its Shaq, its ok cuz its like all his injuries are planned so he can have more time to eat.

2 zack k February 27, 2007 at 11:36 pm

hey cav… cavs to to mavs on thursday… i advise you not to watch… unless you like watching your team score 60 total points

3 zack k February 27, 2007 at 11:37 pm

hey cav… i also cant type or read

4 The Cavalier February 27, 2007 at 11:44 pm

I’m not making fun – I think it’s a shame he’s gotten what was a very preventable injury, though. How these guys don’t do everything they can to become as durable as possible is amazing to me.

Honestly I wasn’t going to mention anything about it, but I need someone to explain the ET connection.

5 phaded February 27, 2007 at 11:56 pm

It’s by a Tribe Called Quest FEATURING Leaders of the New School. Thus, you cannot have it.

6 Tony Parker February 28, 2007 at 12:02 am

Sorry Cav dude, but I had to put some of your readers in their place in the previous post. I own.

“hey cav… i also cant type or read”

^We know.

7 The Big Picture February 28, 2007 at 12:21 am

finding ET in his knee is like playing the “What does that cloud look like?” game.

8 The Cavalier February 28, 2007 at 12:30 am

phaded you’re right – I knew it, I swear! Send send send.

9 mercutioh February 28, 2007 at 3:14 am

so how many copies did you get? Inquiring minds, tired of pondering the proper location of anna nicoles body, want to know

10 The Frankman February 28, 2007 at 11:16 am

This dude completely f*cked up his knee.

“The MRI revealed that Livingston suffered tears to the anterior cruciate ligament (ACL), posterior cruciate ligament (PCL), medial collateral ligament (MCL) and lateral meniscus. Livingston also suffered a patella dislocation, in addition to the previously diagnosed tibia/femoral dislocation.”

JESUS. Psycho Sid Redux.

11 The Frankman February 28, 2007 at 12:16 pm

Also, you dropped the ball on the Photoshop. Alien= Sam Cassell.

12 Bandwagon L.A. February 28, 2007 at 12:51 pm

Dude, you nailed it. EXACTLY what I was thinking.

13 The Cavalier February 28, 2007 at 4:07 pm

C’mon Frankman Cassell-alien jokes are a little too easy. Besides, these pics were sent to me as a request PS.

14 Ryan February 28, 2007 at 4:16 pm

Holy crap that’s a nasty injury. No wonder he’s out for the year.

15 Sam February 28, 2007 at 4:30 pm

For the love of God post something else soon to take that image off the front page. At least hide it behind “more…” I’d rather stare at the sun for hours than ever see that picture again.

16 Johnny Kilbane, esq. February 28, 2007 at 9:03 pm

Funny…when I look at his knee, I think pretty much what I think about everything else: “Yeah, but what does this have to do with cake, and the smashing thereof?”

Which reminds me…what *does* this have to do with cake, and the smashing thereof?

17 alon March 1, 2007 at 4:46 am

You can find tons of music on a magical website called http://www.imeem.com. It’s supposed to be like MySpace, but instead of being friends with sandwiches, you upload or search for/listen to MP3s that anyone can access to completely free a completely unlimited amount of time. It’s an overall strange website, but I don’t like to ask questions. I use it daily to find tracks like, for instance, Scenario by A Tribe Called Quest!

18 Todd MacCulloch March 1, 2007 at 9:01 am

That pussy. I came back from chronic bunyons and you don’t hear me bitching

19 That had to hurt. March 2, 2007 at 10:19 am

He pretty much ripped every important ligament in his knee – do you guys know how much this actually hurts – you’d be screaming your butt off too. As for the person commenting about chronic bunyons… IMHO, I don’t think you really can compare the two.

His career may be over – he SHOULD be screaming… for many reasons.

I read an article that the kid saved a ton of money – so that if he cannot play anymore – he’s got quite the nest egg. Good for him! Well, maybe he can go back to college and get a degree (if the b-ball quest is over) – he certainly can afford it.

To “The Cavalier” – do you really think that this injury was preventable? That would be sad if he could have done more to avoid this. However, it seems as though this guy’s anatomy is just meant to be injury prone.

20 That had to hurt. March 2, 2007 at 10:19 am

His career may be over – he SHOULD be screaming… for many reasons.

To “The Cavalier” – do you really think that his injury was preventable? That would be sad if he could have done more to avoid this. However, it seems as though this guy’s anatomy is just meant to be injury prone.

21 That had to hurt. March 2, 2007 at 10:22 am

sorry for the double post

22 central park fitness March 13, 2007 at 8:11 pm

As opposed to the unimportant ligaments??? I tore my acl, it hurt like hell and it sucked but i was back to walking normal in a week and lifting substantial weights in 2 weeks. HOwever, if i tried to do any sports involveing cutting i would surely injure the other ligaments. I had the surgery and my knee is structurally sound but it still feels a little different than the other knee even though it is probably stronger. I am usually one to laugh at others misfortunes but i feel bad for the guy, that was a sick looking injury.