The Kings have the malaise

by The Cavalier on October 24, 2007 · 10 comments

We’ve gotten a healthy response to The Abandonment of NBA League Pass of 07-08 issue – most of which were from fellow Cavaliers fans.

Whether this is representative of the readership being mostly CLE fans, or that in general it’s just Cavaliers fans that are bored, we have no idea.

(Boney did say that he’s not getting it, but as usual he seems to have convoluted the point in ways we can quite unravel.)

We did hear from on Kings fan who’s checking out – here is Gabe’s reasoning.

I’m also ditching the league pass for the first time in 3 years due to my team (Sac Kings) sucking ass and showing the general type of malaise that makes me want to gouge my eyes out with a potato peeler.

Luckily I’m a Portland native and can hop on the Blazers band wagon since we get all the local games on Comcast Sports Net. At least that team’s not lazy and overpaid. Much less lazy and overpaid since Zach Randolph went to NY. Another added benefit is that our strip clubs are much safer now, I don’t have to worry about Z-bo’s brother shooting me in the parking lot. So I’ve also got that going for me. Which is pretty sweet.

That there is some worthy reasoning, and the use of the word “malaise” parallels our own feelings, as you know.

Speaking of the malaise-filled Cavaliers, Brian Windhorst reports that they actually look pretty decent, despite still missing key rotationing people Sasha Pavlovic and Anderson Varejao.

It seems they’re buckling down and taking an “us against those greedy foreign free agents” attitude. It remains to be seen whether the team can successfully stand around not doing anything on offense without them, but the spirit is encouraging.

‘We get paid to win games, and that’s what we have to do,” [Coach Mike] said. ”There’s nobody that’s going to come through the door that is going to save our behinds; the only way is by looking in the mirror and getting it done ourselves.”

Sasha and Andy aren’t quite McHale/Bird/Parish, and there’s really no reason to make that comparison. We just wanted to bring up the City of Boston again, so that we can remind you how much it irritates us.

The Mamba director called the other day and chided us mildly for not calling to congratulate him after the Game 7 City of Boston Red Socks win over the Indians.

“Why would we congratulate you?” said us.

“I would’ve called you,” said he.

“I’m gonna kill you, just like I killed that stupid snake.”

(There was a long pause here, because our tone there was pretty serious and menacing.)

“Are you being for real?”

Then we hung up – it was awesome.

Anyway, thanks to the couple of you who emailed to ask if we’re doing okay with all the fires here in Southern California. Mild burns on our right leg when our bed caught on fire lasterday afternoon, and a small (what we guess is a) singe mark on the back of our head from when the backseat of the car lit up – other than that, we’re good.

On a final morning note, we make no apologies for being totally into this:

It’s not that we’re into killing people, or Burma, or anything like that – we’re into RAMBO killing people in Burma.

{ 1 trackback }

The Kings have the malaise | Sports news and rumors
October 24, 2007 at 10:06 am

1 Jeremiah October 24, 2007 at 10:08 am

That preview is cool but check out the R rated version. I’m not sure if it makes it corny or more cool but they show graphically Rambo chopping that dudes head off and the head go flying, Rambo turn the M60 on the dude and his head go splat and Rambo going Road House ripping the dudes throat out that was about to go Kobe Utah on that girls ass.

It kinda makes the whole thing funny cause of how gory the preview is. I was laughing. That preview you have linked here is way more Hollywood and slick.

I think Azereus still has the R rated Rambo clip, the title looks like it’s in Russian lettering.

I’ll email you the link later if you can’t find it but I’ve got to get to class.

2 Jordi October 24, 2007 at 10:14 am

Personally, I have boycotted my favorite team (the Knicks) for nearly 3 years now. It takes some getting used to, but after a while, you get used to it.

Anyway, now why should I be all excited about WSM?

“just like I killed that stupid snake.” – sounds like an admission of guilt. Mystery solved.

3 The Cavalier October 24, 2007 at 10:54 am

Red herring?

4 Jeremiah October 24, 2007 at 1:23 pm

R rated rambo preview. I love the head flying off and the Road House-esque throat rip.

5 Boney October 24, 2007 at 2:29 pm

I enjoy how you continue to mock me when I gave my perfectly good explanation regarding my League Pass subscription non-renewal.

I do like it though how my cable company requires me to actually call them to cancel my NBA League Pass, as if they just assumed that I subscribe year round for an infinite amount of years. I get a letter in the mail that makes it sound like I won the raffle every year, when really the only thing that wins is the NBA and my cable company. My bank account was always a big loser, and so was my TV because I wouldn’t start watching until like Game 20 or so.

Anywhos, thank you for continuing to try and draw comedy off of my reply, that you asked for!

6 The Cavalier October 24, 2007 at 3:18 pm

Every day, the sun rises.

7 Boney October 24, 2007 at 3:42 pm

yeah ok

8 stonedaykeyb July 6, 2008 at 3:26 am

woman sun student vacant bag key clean elephant right

9 carhouseno July 6, 2008 at 9:55 am

go steven key stone go usa